Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ahhh, Freak Out!

So I know I'm not a great housekeeper. I hate housework, that is for sure. I'm more of a bill-paying / coupon clipping / grocery shopping kind of gal. I'm not a messy person and I personally clean up after myself, but with a family of five, our place is going to get messy if not downright dirty if I only do what's necessary to get by. Which, ashamedly, I admit is all I generally do on a daily basis - to get us by.

It is worth it to note that my husband also hates housework, but often begrudgingly helps out when he isn't working. So it's in my kids' DNA for sure to despise housework as well, but they don't clean up after themselves and just can't seem to keep their rooms tidy, ever.

Having three pack-rat children is enough to equal bedroom messes of gargantuan proportions if not cleaned on a multiple-times-per-day basis. Add to this fact that one child has a major behavior disorder and another is Autistic and in order to keep our home neat and tidy 100% of the time, I'd need to be following these children around physically picking up their discards 100% of the time during which they are awake and at home. My Autistic 6 y.o. is more on a 2-3 y.o. level when it comes to social function, under which listening and following directions falls. Therefore, he is understandably no help when it comes to straightening up, and the older children find this unfair. He is usually responsible for making the most mess in the common areas and definitely the most responsible for the boys' bedroom mess. He dumps toy boxes. What more can be said?

Now for the *freak out* ~ our apartment complex sent out a memo detailing a point by point inspection of all apartments would be done sometime this week, basically a white glove test. They will be looking in closets, cabinets, and everywhere in between. IF our blinds are broken or missing (which they are in every room, thanks to our illegal cats which as of last night no longer live here *tear*) we are responsible for the cost of replacement. Same thing with all the other standard stuff apartment complexes can get you on.

I am obviously freaking out way to much about this inspection. Last night I dreamed that while one person was inspecting my apartment, another was inspecting my fingernails, asking me why they were so dirty and misshapen! Well, a bit misshapen they may be, but dirty fingernails, nosiree!

Just taking a break from cracking the whip on my own back to clean the boys' room. Yesterday I got our bedroom and Jessica's bedroom done; the cats and nearly ten bags of dirty laundry went to Grandma's house. I'm ashamed to admit that I generally only do what's necessary to get by. How did we accumulate ten bags of laundry and still have some left here?

The plan for today is to finish the boys' bedroom and work on the kitchen. This will leave the storage closet and touch-up cleaning in the bathroom, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment