Monday, May 31, 2010

Ward Memorial Day Picnic


Our Ward had an absolute wonderful Memorial Day picnic today; it was sunny and warm and the perfect day for a picnic. We had a small-ish parade, a not-to-long speech on the relevance of the day, plenty of food, and then activities: sack races (which I've never done in my entire 34 years!)

  • the human knot (a lot harder than it sounds and a great icebreaker)
  • an egg toss (which ended very messily for the team that won ~ poor Sister Ehlers!)
My two older kids refused to participate in the sack races, and although I hadn't planned on it, when they called for all the "little children" up to participate, I asked if I could help Nicky with his jumping and everyone said, "OF COURSE!" We still came in last, but we did it our way.


On the way back, my back was killing me so bad, I just picked Nicky up, sack and all, and carried him back to the finish line. All the while he was giggling and squealing so I know he loved it!


All in all, we had a great time and it was a good way to spend our 15-year wedding anniversary.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you helped Nicky do the sack race! He is such a sweet little boy! And it was your anniversary?! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MommaThal! I missed seeing you, Scotty and the Bugster yesterday :*(

    And thanks for being a reader of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how honest your blog is. thank you for sharing your faith and testimony -- especially of the comforting influence of the holy ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Happy anniversary! :) And I still love that picture of you helping Nicky. :)

    ReplyDelete